Giving usual aspects a miss, this space is for all those who want to experience the offbeat things and travel beyond beaches in Goa. The Goan coast has been a magnet for tourists from Indian origin and abroad, alike. In fact it is one of the few places in India that has seen tourists throughout the year. So, if you are planning to visit Goa, you must look at the other side of this place, an offbeat Goa if you will, and get lost in all that this state has to offer.
Here, we’ll take you through few of the things that you can do in Goa, and yes, they do not involve beaches, hippies and booze.
- Underwater sea walk: Walking underwater is once in a lifetime experience and it must be taken nowhere else but in Goa. It is an exhilarating 20-minute activity for all the non divers out there. During this activity, you will discover the underwater world and witness the marine life firsthand.
- White water rafting: River rafting is conducted on the Mhadei River, where the flow of water is not too fast, nor too slow. It can be tried by non-swimmers and children above 12 years of age. Since rafting is available only during monsoons, you should plan your tour in the months of June to September.
- Trekking: Showcasing the hidden beauty of Goa, there are multiple treks through the Western Ghats and surrounding forests that you can take. You will come across waterfalls, streams and beautiful flora during your walk through the middle of the forest. So make the most of your expedition.
- Visit for forgotten forts: If you are staying at any of the hotels at Candolim in Goa, your friends must have suggested you to visit Fort Aguada and Chapora (coz of the distance). But there are some of the not-so-popular but worth visiting forts, including Corjuem Fort and Terekhol Fort.
- Live in a Portugese style hotels: Since Goa is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India, there is no dearth of hotels here. Search online and book hotels in Goa, which represent Portugese culture, right from an amazing architecture to authentic meal and impeccable service, these hotels have everything best to offer.
- Thrilling water sports: For those of you who want to experience an adrenaline rush, can indulge in various water sports in Goa. Right from adventure sports like kneeboarding, wakeboarding, snorkelling and paddle boarding to windsurfing and water skiing, Goa has it all to surprise you.
Excited much? Then why wait, plan your trip already.